Piotrek wrote:
Hi,

I looked at std.algorithm. Wow, what a piece of art.

BTW. What about your book on D? Any known dates? I know nothing about publishing business, so forgive my ignorance in advance.

Cheers

Thanks. It's a good question. The book has 121 pages written out of the projected 350. The bottleneck is how soon we'll have a reasonably complete threading model. I don't have an exact date at the moment.

In wake of the incredibly good experience with luring reviewers off this group for "The Case For D", I might try a similar trick for getting parts of the book reviewed. TCFD got probably 20% value added by reviewers alone. Many thanks to (list copied from the draft I submitted) Bill Baxter, Jason House, John ``Eljay'' Love-Jensen, Denis Koroskin, leonardo maffi (sic), Petru Marginean, Bartosz Milewski, Derek Parnell, Brad Roberts, Joel Salomon, Benjamin Shropshire, David Simcha, Florin Trofin, Cristian Vlasceanu, and Walter Bright.

By the way, TCFD is coming to a website near you too. It's received publication approval from both the Overload magazine in England and the online magazine Doctor Dobb's Journal (which will make it available online for free). Publication dates to be announced soon.