Christian Kamm wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:
1. Put array definitions in object.d. Have the compiler rewrite "T[]" ->
".Array!(T)" and "[ a, b, c ]" -> ".Array!(typeof(a))(a, b, c)". I think
superdan suggested that when he wasn't busy cursing :o).

While I'd support such a rewriting of builtin arrays and associative arrays,
it comes at a cost: one template instantiation per contained type, which will lead to more code and TypeInfo / ClassInfo initializers than the current
implementation requires.

Can you come up with a solution that can seamlessly switch between RTTI
based containers and templated containers?

Good question. I don't know how the typeinfo could go away, but right now we're in that boat already - each T[] has its own typeinfo. Implementation-wise, there are techniques to reduce code bloating.