On 11/4/12 12:26 PM, deadalnix wrote:
I think it fit nicely D's phylosophy, in the sense it does provide a
safe, easy to use interface while providing a backdoor when this isn't
enough.

It doesn't fit the (admittedly difficult to fulfill) desideratum that the obvious code is safe and fast. And the obvious code uses byLine, not byLine.transient.

Back to a simpler solution: what's wrong with adding alternative APIs for certain input ranges? We have byLine, byChunk, byChunkAsync. We may as well add eachLine, eachChunk, eachChunkAsync and let the documentation explain the differences.