On Tuesday, 13 November 2012 at 19:26:55 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 November 2012 at 14:51:58 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 11/13/12 3:23 AM, Thomas Koch wrote:
Tobias Pankrath proposed the github wiki engine (free software[3]) and I agreed that it would be best to just enable the wiki in a new project at the
D github account[4].

In case you didn't catch the original thread, I also pointed out there that switching from ProWiki to Gollum might be a case of jumping from the frying pad into the fire. Gollum, the GitHub wiki software, supports none of the useful features of common Wiki software, such as search (!), comfortable history browsing, talk pages, wach lists, permission control, etc. There are also a couple of UI issues which make it less than ideal for larger installations, like the fact that you can accidentally change/break a page URL very easily by just editing the main title box.

I suggested gollum to avoid hosting problems, though I've never used it itensively. That said, I don't think, we can do anything wrong with a Mediawiki instance.