On Wednesday, 14 November 2012 at 06:52:57 UTC, Rob T wrote:
On Wednesday, 14 November 2012 at 02:01:56 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote: Is there anything like C++ conversion operators in D? I have used conversion ops in C++ and may want to use a similar feature in D if available.
--rt

it would be a very useful feature to allow overload on void and 1 other type... as sometimes the return is very expensive to calculate... I have seen this trick used by compiler build-in functions.

struct A
{
  int i;
  string s;

  alias i this;
  alias s this;
}

but... 2 alias this are not currently allowed.