On 11/14/2012 06:43 PM, foobar wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 November 2012 at 21:34:28 UTC, Rob T wrote:
I'm wondering why overloading has been implemented to only match on
the argument list rather than the full signature which includes the
return type? I know I would use it if it was available.

I'm not requesting this to be a feature of D, I'm only asking why it
is not being done.

--rt

This is hardly a new idea. It was implemented in a few languages of the
70's and it proved to be adding complexity and generally not worth the
trouble.

I guess they just were not doing it right then.

No language nowadays bothers with this based on those past lessons.

Haskell.

> fromInteger 2 :: Float
2.0