On Friday, 7 December 2012 at 09:03:58 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
On Friday, 7 December 2012 at 09:00:48 UTC, Nick B wrote:

[Andrei's comment ] Cross-pollination is a good thing indeed.

I came across this while searching the programme of the conference that Walter is attending in Australia.

This gentleman, Martin Thompson

http://www.yowconference.com.au/general/details.html?speakerId=2962

The main idea, is in this paper (11 pages, pdf):

http://disruptor.googlecode.com/files/Disruptor-1.0.pdf

and here is a review of the architecure by Martin Fowler:

http://martinfowler.com/articles/lmax.html

My questions are:

1.  Is this pattern worth porting to the standard library ?

2. Is this pattern a replacement for the 'Complexity of Concurrency' ?

cheers
Nick B

You can find few presentation from LMAX guys on InfoQ. Pretty neat stuff if you ask me. I think someone already worked on Disruptor-like project in D. I would not like to have the whole thing in Phobos, just some "basic blocks".

Actually, this is what should be behind message passing in phobos IMO. Much better than what we currently have.

I wanted to do that at the time, but it wasn't possible without asm. You'll find post about that if you dig deep engough in that newsgroup.