On 12/10/2012 12:56 AM, Denis Shelomovskij wrote:
A long time ago I wrote one (not open source) application in D1+Tango.
I'm still supporting it. The last D1 compiler I can use is 1.066 as then a fatal
regression was introduced and templates became unusable because of ICE. Am I the
only one who use templates in D1? If not, what is the purpose for all this
needless D1 releases as compiler doesn't work for almost any project with
templates?

What is the bugzilla issue number for that? In bugzilla, you can tag issues as being "regressions", and I don't recall seeing one like you describe. Here is the current list of regressions:

http://d.puremagic.com/issues/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&bug_severity=regression&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

And let me beat utterly:

Now imagine: a person updated a compiler and get ICE. On *huge* codebase. What
will he do? He will use old working one. But I decided to go further, found a
DustMite and decided to find the source of the error. Do you know that current
D2 compiler ICE-s with compiling DustMite? Imagine, what will feel a person when
bug finding tool ICE-s a compiler? He will probably consider "D is a peace of
unstable shit" and go away.

And he will be right as it is unforgivable for us to talk about any "stability"
of D. "D is for crazy nerd who are ready to find, report and workaround infinite
compiler bugs on any complicated code with templates", that's all we can tell.

But I finally managed to compile DustMite without ICE, found the regression and
reported. Still unfixed...

What is the bugzilla issue number?