On 2012-12-10 13:43, Walter Bright wrote:

BTW, I've fixed every bug report on the dynamic libraries where anyone
identified an issue with how dmd generates PIC code for dynamic libraries.

Yeah, that's great. But that doesn't make dynamic libraries magically work. The runtime still need to support it. On Mac OS X there will most likely need to be made some changes to the compiler as well. I'm thinking mostly to support TLS, the ___tls_get_addr need to receive an image (mach_header) in addition to the address of the variable.

--
/Jacob Carlborg