On Wednesday, 12 December 2012 at 21:27:35 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/12/2012 3:12 AM, foobar wrote:
Regarding performance and overflow checking, the example you give is x86 specific. What about other platforms? For example ARM is very popular nowadays in the mobile world and there are many more smart-phones out there than there are PCs. Is the same issue exists and if not (I suspect not, but really have no idea) should D be geared towards current platforms or future ones?

I don't know the ARM instruction set.

I think it would be very hard, at this stage, to argue that you should be putting your effort into ARM rather than x86. It's a nice to have that doesn't seem very relevant to gaining traction for D, areas like bioinformatics seem more relevant.