On Wednesday, 12 December 2012 at 20:55:52 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
Generous offer. I've been meaning to build packaging into the auto-tester for both release builds and more frequent (nightly or maybe even every cycle) builds. I was going to toss them into s3 with a cloudfront distribution in front of that. Sounds like that needs to go higher on the
todo list given github's recent changes.

The advantage of CloudFront is fast access all over the planet, though it has a cost associated with it. I'll bear that until it starts to hurt.

+1. If we can get the files hosted on CloudFront, this would be more or less the optimal case – much, much easier than building our own »CDN« out of a few community-provided mirrors, and probably faster for most users as well.

David