On Tuesday, 18 December 2012 at 15:19:58 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
Should we take this as an opportunity for other compiler maintainers to implement their own compiler-specific predefined attributes?

I think it'd be great if we used magical full names, but otherwise it is the same as the library. Then they are namespaced and can be shared.

module core.gdc;
struct noreturn {}
// and whatever

Then when you use it, you import core.gdc and use @noreturn. The compiler doesn't define the attribute, but it recognizes the full name of core.gdc.noreturn and gives it special treatment like an intrinsic.