On Wednesday, 19 December 2012 at 01:38:16 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
On 12/19/2012 02:22 AM, deadalnix wrote:
I don't see how they aren't release. They are released. But they have branches, they are tags. Each time you package the software to put it in download
somewhere for users to use, you do a release.

I you want to talk about branch or versions talk about branch or versions, not
release please.

OK, let me rephrase it. I doubt that it makes sense to have a separate branch for minor point releases (i.e. going from N.x.y --> N.x.y+1, a bugfix release).

You'd have an N.x branch and you'd tag the .y minor point releases.

I don't think this is in contradiction with Andrei's intentions.

No indeed. I think that this way make sense. But I'm afraid that releasing a new version (note version, not revision) every 6 month or so will lead to an important number of version to maintain simultaneously if we want to ensure some stability.

I think the smart move here is to release new feature less often, but to release more at once, and at the same time go fast on bug fixes.

I frankly more worried about the fact that D has feature that don't integrate nicely with each other right now than by D not having enough features.