On Monday, 24 December 2012 at 11:59:31 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

Am one of those who prefer to use native widgets compared to something like GTK. But as you say they don't all provide all features. I think a good idea is the use a cross-platform GUI library for the common widgets that exists on all platforms, i.e. buttons and windows. There's not reason to use the native API for those. Then extend that with platform specif code using the native API, i.e. unified tool bar, sheets and so on, that is found on Mac OS X.

I agree that it would be really nice to have a cross-platform GUI framework written explicitly for D. But as you say that would be an enormous task to do.

I'm working on the Mac OS X port of DWT. It all compiles but a lot is not working. Some snippets are working:

https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt-mac

Any help is appreciated.

Perhaps the link you just posted could provide a HTML-based solution: http://forum.dlang.org/thread/yfmgvgprfpiquakiy...@forum.dlang.org

That'd be pretty cool.