On 12/24/12 6:20 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2012-12-24 01:11, Walter Bright wrote:

1. what access means at module scope
2. at class scope
3. at template mixin scope
4. backwards compatibility
5. overloading at each scope level and the interactions with access
6. I'd also throw in getting rid of the "protected" access attribute
completely, as I've seen debate over that being a useless idea
7. there's also some debate about what "package" should mean

I also want to add:

8. Investigate the usefulness and possibility to combine multiple access
attributes for more fine grained control, i.e. using "package" and
"protected" on a single declaration

Has anyone started a DIP on this? Let's not let things scroll away from the institutional memory.