On Tuesday, 8 January 2013 at 15:27:21 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
But then again, considering the bulk of all software being written today, how much code is actually mission-critical real-time apps or game engine cores? I suspect real-time apps are <5% of all software, and while games are a rapidly growing market, I daresay less than 30-40% of game code actually needs to be pauseless (mainly just video-rendering
code -- code that handles monster AI, for example, wouldn't fail
horribly if it had to take a few extra frames to decide what to do next -- in fact, it may even be more realistic that way). Which, in my estimation, probably doesn't account for more than 10% of all software out there. The bulk of software being written today don't really need to
be GC-less.

This is an horrible idea for multiplayer and replay standpoint.