On Wednesday, 9 January 2013 at 00:50:29 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Wednesday, January 09, 2013 00:37:10 Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> std.container.Array and built-in arrays are _very_ > different. Array is a > container, not a range. You can slice it to get a range and > operate on
> that, but it's not a range itself.

Is there a particular reason why Array can't have a range interface itself?

It's a container. Turning a container into a range is just begging for trouble. For instance, what happens when you iterate over it? You remove all of its elements, because you keep calling popFront on it. Making a container into a range is an incredibly bad idea. Things are already weird enough with
the built-in arrays.

It seems to me like a container should be able to provide a range to iterate its content (but yeah, the container shouldn't be the range itself).