On Wednesday, 9 January 2013 at 07:14:19 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 January 2013 at 07:06:03 UTC, Mehrdad wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 January 2013 at 06:57:34 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 January 2013 at 06:56:00 UTC, Mehrdad wrote:
On Tuesday, 8 January 2013 at 22:19:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
One thing I'd add is that a GC is *required* if you want to have a language that guarantees memory safety

Pardon? shared_ptr anyone? You can totally have a language that only provides new/delete facilities and which only access to memory through managed pointers like shared_ptr... without a GC. I don't see where a GC is "required" as you say.

Such a program is guaranteed to have memory leak, unless you add a GC on top of the managed pointers.

Oh and you should also take a look at Newlisp

I certainly wont if you don't even bother explain why I should.

'cause it's memory-safe LISP and without a GC?