Hello Brad,

My other problem with IDE's, such as eclipse, is that it's such an all
or nothing investment.  You can't really just use part of it.  You
must buy in to it's editor, it's interface with your SCM, it's
scriptures of indentation style, etc.  Trying to deviate from any of
it is such a large pain that it's just not worth it -- more so as the
team working on a project gets larger.

For VS, you might have a point. However for D, I use Descent and I haven't found any of those to be a problem. Getting people to agree on how to set it up I expect would be a bigger problem.