On 2013-02-15 14:35, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

Allow me to qualify this.

Tango is a fine library, and it's great that the whole issue of Tango
vs. Phobos has been settled by allowing the two to coexist in the same app.

That being said, when discussing things to be added to the official
canon, there are two aspects to be thought of. First, there's the whole
licensing issue - if we start distributing code with heterogeneous
licenses we create only headaches for our users. Second, it's about the
story we put forward: if the standard library offers some functionality
but its own satellite packages redo it from scratch with slightly
different names, that's just not good.

The different names are the minor issues. It's rather the XML, zip, net and argument parsing modules that is the problem.

--
/Jacob Carlborg