On 2013-02-17 15:28, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

I see some things like windows/non-windows specific flags and a lot of
path handling and infrastructure stuff (which the build tool would do
itself).

The D script contains a lot of utility functions that would be available in the build tool. It emulates the rakefile to stay backwards compatible.

Anything in particular that you think is not easily doable with
the data driven approach?

I don't know the build scripts very well since I have not written them. It has several targets. Base, swt, snippets and so on.

BTW, I think build files like these are the perfect example for what I
mean with complexity and scaring away people. I'm sure it all makes
sense, but my vision of a build system is that it goes out of the
developers way instead of forcing him to maintain a whole sister project
alongside the actual code.

I really hate that build script. I really hope that a proper build system will handle DWT with just a simple build script.

--
/Jacob Carlborg