On Sunday, 24 February 2013 at 22:13:35 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 16:04:43 -0500, Vladimir Panteleev <vladi...@thecybershadow.net> wrote:

On Sunday, 24 February 2013 at 17:41:44 UTC, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
Ok, a new version with non-blocking wait is up.

3. The documentation for the "gui" config item seems to be wrong: it prevents the creation of a console, instead of causing it.

It means 'use gui mode' which means, don't create a console. I don't consider a console window a gui.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood.

Currently, the documentation says:

"On Windows, this option causes the process to run in a console window."

However, when the flag is PRESENT, then the console window is SUPPRESSED (see line 522). The documentation's meaning is reversed.

No, snn.lib included with the compilers for a few versions has been patched. The exeception you would get would be different, that appears to be coming from std.process, even though the file name seems to be std.stdio.

OK... then I guess it doesn't work for me. Does it work for anyone else on Windows?

Full code of my ls test program:

import std.stdio;
import std.process2;

void main()
{
        string[] files;
        auto p = pipe();

        auto pid = spawnProcess("ls", stdin, p.writeEnd);
        scope(exit) wait(pid);

        foreach (f; p.readEnd.byLine())  files ~= f.idup;