On Wednesday, 27 February 2013 at 19:55:41 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-02-27 11:07, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

Good idea. Should be in bugzilla as an enh, although it'll take a while
to get to that.

I wonder how good the implementation will be if one just pass the line to rdmd and prints the result.

I'm assuming you're talking about REPL. That won't cut it, as one wants to keep maintain a notion of state (variables in memory etc) and not reparse lines entered everytime (which could have IO side effects etc).

I've played a bit with Oskar Linde's library for that and ported it to latest DMD release and it works quite well already, something solid to build upon (see post http://forum.dlang.org/thread/fpmpa6$2muq$1...@digitalmars.com).