Andrei, I cannot catch these steps:

1. Implement the dtoh standalone program that takes a D module and generates its corresponding C++ header.

2. Use dtoh to initiate and conduct an incremental port of the compiler. At given points throughout the code D code will coexist and link with C++ code.

Since D is written on C++, what exactly you gonna convert to "C++ header"??

Anyway, I offer to keep away from C++ code - it's written with "C++ in mind", while D offers brand new world. So I support rewritting D on D from scratch. Initially frontend only + join LLVM backend. And next (if we find LLVM not so well) we can write our own backend.