03-Apr-2013 19:55, Peter Alexander пишет:
On Wednesday, 3 April 2013 at 02:44:15 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
If we did datetime all over again, I'd give a budget of 2000 lines for
all functionality. I bet the solution would be better.

I think you are massively underestimating the complexity and subtleties
of dates and time.

+1

For comparison, min and max in std.algorithm come to nearly 200 lines on
their own, and their unittests are hopelessly lacking. Things like
min(uint.min, int.max) are not tested, even though there's specific code
to handle them. To suggest that date and time handling is a mere 10x
more complex than min/max is a bit naive in my opinion.

--
Dmitry Olshansky