On Wed, 03 Apr 2013 14:42:12 -0400, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

On 4/3/2013 9:49 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
+1

Stylistic nit:

When writing a one-liner post like this, please do not quote the entire preceding post, especially if it is long. We have great forum software, and the newsreaders as well are great at navigating the threads.

I couldn't disagree more. The given +1 had 4 lines of context. There was some straggling text after it, but this was only an additional 5 lines.

My newsreader highlights replied-to text in different colors depending on the level of indent. I can immediately pick out new replies, and if I don't want to read the re-posted stuff, I don't have to, unless I want to for context.

Newsreaders are known not to thread things properly, and some people's posts don't thread properly ANYWHERE. Context is important.

Not to pick on you, but I see this a lot here from many of our participants and finally felt compelled to speak up!

I find posts that are solely about how you didn't "post properly" annoying. Kind of like compulsively telling someone they didn't use correct grammar (for which I have to fight my instincts in order to remain married). Sorry, I had to say something ;)

-Steve