On Wednesday, 3 April 2013 at 19:21:53 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
It's verbose. You're adding a fair bit of boilerplate just to statically determine whether verification has been done or not. It may very well be worth it in many cases, but it's enough extra code that I don't think that I'd
advise it as a general solution.

- Jonathan M Davis

Erm, really? In most cases only wrapper type is needed. Almost all functions should accepts either verified or raw type version so no real boilerplate here (otherwise something is most likely wrong with your module responsibility organization). Wrapper types themselves are trivial and can be created automagically with some template/mixin. What else?