On Monday, 8 April 2013 at 04:30:56 UTC, Manu wrote:
I wonder if UDA's could be leveraged to implement this in a library? UDA's can not permute the type, so I guess it's impossible to implement something like @noalloc that behaves like @nothrow in a library... I wonder what it would take, it would be generally interesting to move some of the built-in attributes to UDA's if the system is rich enough to express
it.

Both blessing and curse of UDA's is that they are not part of type and thus mangling. I think it is possible to provide library implementation of @nogc for cases when all source code is available, but for external libraries and separate compilation it will become matter of trust which is hardly good.