On 07/04/2013 16:14, Artur Skawina wrote:
The "1..2" is actually mentioned in the spec:
>"An exception to this rule is that a .. embedded inside what looks like two
floating point literals, as in 1..2, is interpreted as if the .. was separated by a space
from the first integer."
>so it's there, even if it can be missed.
I know, but documenting a (grammar) bug does not make it go away.

Who says its a bug? From my understanding, this exception is there on purpose, to make it easier to use the DOT_DOT operator in the slice expresions:

  foo[1..2] // It would be silly to have to put a space after the 1

At most you could make a case that "1." shouldn't ever parse as float, that the decimal part should be required if the dot is present.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer