On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 at 20:29:51 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
On 04/09/2013 10:23 PM, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
Cristi Cobzarenco's "SciD" is not a "new" or "updated" version of SciD. The reason it retains that name is that he started his work by forking my library. However, he removed all non-linear-algebra functionality, and then rewrote the entire linear algebra modules from scratch, so there really isn't much left of
SciD in there AFAIK.

Apologies if I mischaracterized the situation. My impression had been that this
was a cooperative work (or a conscious handing of the baton).

No need to apologise! Your impression wasn't far off. As I remember it, Cristi's intention was to either submit the library for inclusion in Phobos, or if that failed, to fold it back into SciD. That never happened, however, but the name stuck, and that has created some confusion.

Lars