On Wednesday, 10 April 2013 at 09:15:26 UTC, Manu wrote:
Well there's always the standing question though, why is JVM and C# so much
faster than D?
They produce a squillion times more garbage than D, yet they're much much faster. I have come to accept the C# GC in less-intensive realtime
software, it's not so bad.

Erm, because they are not faster? I have performance tested vibe.d recently vs some similar solutions, including Java and C#. Vibe.d compiled with dmd. Destroyed both JVM and C# in raw performance and had same roughly latency (GC collections cycles, gah!).

And Erlang won all of them in terms of latency on powerful machine.