On Friday, 12 April 2013 at 07:53:04 UTC, Manu wrote:
Which OS are we talking about?
What OS runs on an a Nintendo Wii? There's only 24mb of system memory in
that machine, can we afford to allocate it frivolously?

I wasn't aware that writing games for the Wii involves creating processes in the thousands.

I don't necessarily disagree with your point (although I don't agree either). Perhaps in the context of std.process it's not so important... but
it's still an opportunity to set a precedent.
Honestly, any new module could have appeared for approval at this
particular moment and I would have made the same criticisms. Not
necessarily picking on std.process in particular, I'm making a point about
phobos, and what is considered acceptable.

Don't forget that shifting focus when adjusting goals is always a question of tradeoffs. Sacrificing tersity, maintainability, usability, safety etc. for the sake of performance would be a poor move in the case of std.process.