On 4/19/2013 6:55 AM, deadalnix wrote:
As of for 2 I'd rather have a standard way to have attribute binding to the
return type or the declaration. This is a recurring problem, and auto is simply
one instance of it.

I'm not understanding it being a recurring problem. There is a recurring misunderstanding that attributes are applying to a type when they are defined as applying to the declaration.

auto applied to the return type means that we infers the return type, applied to
the function it means infers return type AND attributes.

auto never applies to a type, it always applies to the declaration and hence the type of that declaration.