On 2013-04-22 17:57, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
We have a bit of trouble with the Twitter widget on Chrome, at
http://dconf.org/talks/lucarella.html. The widget is chopped at the bottom.

Is there a simple fix for this?

There's something weird going on here. All browsers on Mac OS X has this problem (FF, Safari and Chrome). It only happens when I do a "hard" reload, that is, don't use anything from the local cache. The following things happens when I do a hard reload:

* The HTML classes "page_left", "divider_v" and "page_right" has the CSS style property "height" set to "637px"

* I get the following JavaScript error:

"NetworkError: 503 Service Unavailable - http://search.twitter.com/search.json?q=%23dconf%20OR%20from%3AD_programming%20OR%20%40D_programming&include_rts=true&callback=TWTR.Widget.receiveCallback_1&rpp=20&clientsource=TWITTERINC_WIDGET&result_type=mixed&1366729612406=

(That is not the full URL)

* JavaScript error: "TypeError: that.decay is not a function". Most likely due to the error above

If I then do a normal reload I don't get any JavaScript errors and the HTML classes above have their height set to "703px".

This is easy to see in any web browser using its built in developer tools. Just right click anywhere on the page and choose "Inspect element". Then choose the "Console" tab.

--
/Jacob Carlborg