On Tuesday, 23 April 2013 at 20:21:55 UTC, eles wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 April 2013 at 18:57:46 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 4/23/13 2:42 PM, eles wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 April 2013 at 14:26:33 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
I was mainly referring to the fact that C++ succeeded in spite of having initially an incomplete specification. Nowadays the expectations are much higher.

Andrei

As long as you keep changing the language, no specification will ever be complete.

C++ will long advance. D must be out and living before C++14. Then, it will be too late. My view.

I don't see on what C++14 will really change the current state of C++? Changes aren't import for every day developments, C++14, won't import fast build, safe language specifications (removal of multiple inheritance, no removal of error prone syntaxes, specified initialization values, mandatory override keyword, ...),...

D don't have to compete C++, let D maturate.

If you are hurry to see D in the industry maybe you can contribute on tools, libraries,...