On Sunday, 12 May 2013 at 07:30:12 UTC, eles wrote:
On Saturday, 11 May 2013 at 06:07:39 UTC, skeptical wrote:

What is a "pull request"? Thank you.

A pull request is like a patch that is sent for review before being applied to the source code tree.

It is specific to git. "git pull" is a command that retrieves and applies that patch, so is like a "request to apply a patch".

Author of the thread is not interested in getting right answer.

I do not know why, but in usenet groups there is this kind of trolling (asking naive questions to troll those who answer). I met it for the first time in comp.lang.c where it was used to assault frequent contributors. Luckily digitalmars-d is not that littered by trolls, spam and porn as comp.lang.c

Interesting issue here is whether there would be some kind of ex post moderation.