On Monday, 20 May 2013 at 23:40:34 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
On 5/21/13, Adam Wilson <flybo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sub-pixel font hinting. Almost no games use this, and almost every OS
toolkit does.

There used to be a nice article about font rendering in OpenGL
(methinks) here: http://h3.gd/dmedia/?n=Tutorials.TextRendering1

But the link is dead. Most h3r3tic links are dead, not even
archive.org has them.

I have code based in that tutorial in my current project:

https://github.com/kiith-sa/awesome2D

See the font subdirectory and demo/texturepacker.d
(Note that the package/module structure is badly organized due to rushing).

A slightly different implementation is in my older project, ICE, but it doesn't compile with current DMD.

I'm also working on a simple in-game GUI library as a part of this project, but I'm only doing what I need myself (which is virtually nothing right now, because time) and its not nearly as convenient to use as it could be. Also, not intended for OS-style GUIs, just game GUIs and maybe non-standard stuff like what you see in graphics programs.

H3r3tic had a more advanced GUI framework (still not native), hybrid, which IMO has a far better API than any framework I've seen, but I never found the source,
only documentation somewhere on his (unmaintained) site.