On Tuesday, 21 May 2013 at 17:31:59 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Then we can correctly judge whether the name change is worth doing. I don't know that it is. std.uni is not immediately recognizable as something else, so it warrants a lookup in the docs. Yes, less obvious, but not horrifically misnamed. I don't think it's worth the effort to rename at this point unless it's shown that nearly nobody uses it.

I agree. I'd personally love it if std.unicode replaced std.uni, but at this point the rename is insufficiently motivated. It's not like people go, "hmmm I need some Unicode stuff, let me see if std.unicode is there. No? The hell with it, I'm moving to another language."

Andrei

It isn't really a rename as a new module is being integrated. We can keep what we have under std.uni for a while. If you want the new hotness, go for std.unicode .