On Tuesday, 21 May 2013 at 18:35:46 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Tuesday, 21 May 2013 at 18:29:49 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 5/21/2013 10:04 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
I think the git command line syntax is pretty good and consistent.

If it is consistent, I have failed to figure out what the rule is. Each thing I want to do I have to write out on a crib sheet.

Git exposes implementation details in high-level design and trying to use git without knowing those usually leads to lot of problems. Once you have learnt how stuff is organized, it is pretty consistent (but not perfect, of course).

http://stevelosh.com/blog/2013/04/git-koans/