On 2013-05-22 20:14, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

This is how every command line tool should do it, and it's semi-standard, but
unfortunately not all programs follow it (compilers in particular seem to do a
bad job of it). On a related note, one of my pet peeves is the fact that
std.getopt doesn't do bundling by default, as that's another thing that's
semi-standard. Most *nix apps actually get this right (particularly if they're
not ancient - the only ones seem more likely to have screwy rules about the
order of flags and how many dashes you use and whatnot), but dmd doesn't follow
the proper flag rules at all (probably because it's primary maintainer is
primarily a Windows guy).

Yeah, I don't know what's up with compilers. GCC, Clang and DMD all use a non-standard flag format. Although Clang follows GCC with many flags to be compatible.

--
/Jacob Carlborg