On 2013-05-23 10:29, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

Say I have:

gettext("%s: unknown variable at line %s")

Then I want to change the text to:

gettext("%s: not yet known variable at line %s")

I have to find all places where this text is used in the code. Then I
also need to updated the translations. If I used a key instead I only
need to update all the translations. I don't need to change my code.

Also, with the key approach I can just send a separate file to someone else to do the translation, even the English translation. Sure I probably could have a separate file for the English translation as well but that would be duplicating the string.

--
/Jacob Carlborg