On Thu, 30 May 2013 12:46:39 -0400, Maxim Fomin <ma...@maxim-fomin.ru> wrote:

Please provide reasons why it is wrong (but without explanation how druntime allocates memory which is irrelevant).

It's wrong in that D's spec re-defines dynamic arrays from the traditional definition (I think for the sake of simplicity, but I didn't write the definition, so I'm not sure). D's slices aren't dynamic arrays, no matter how many specs say so.

That's nice to hear, but at that point there would be no point for discussions. I see no roots from where contradictory definition in article comes from.

It comes from the experience of observing anyone who knows what a dynamic array is, comes to D, sees from the spec that it's T[], and then gets confused when T[] does not act like the dynamic array they know from C++, Java, C#, etc.

In other words, explaining countless times on the newsgroups how slices work prompted me to write the article. It's not an easy concept to grasp.

-Steve