On Monday, 3 June 2013 at 03:36:52 UTC, SeanVN wrote:
Thanks for all the information. It seems that D2 meets all my requirements. I have been reading some of the documentation. It is a extensive language and there is definitely a learning curve for me to overcome. That is manageable though. I looked at the Go programming language. The core ideas in that language are good but it is practically useless for designing desktop applications. The specifics of the standard libraries and the rejection of shared libraries mean it is consigned to being a web-server scripting language only. I am happy that D2 allows me to use 79/80 bit reals, unlike almost every other programming language these days which only allow access to 64 bit floating point numbers.

That's great to hear :)

Feel free to post for help with any problems in http://forum.dlang.org/group/digitalmars.D.learn