On Tuesday, 4 June 2013 at 07:33:04 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Tuesday, 4 June 2013 at 05:41:16 UTC, Rob T wrote:
Structs would IMO be far more useful if they had inheritance. Inheritence can be fully removed from the rest of polymorphism, so there's no reason why structs which are not polymorphic cannot inherit.

If no polymorphism is needed, there is no reason to use inheritance instead of template mixins.

mixins make me shudder, however, if you can point out an example of this working for simulating struct inheritance, I'd be interested to have a look. Of course I strongly suspect that it will suffer from the same problems as the other suggested methods, not obvious and difficult to implement and maintain.

--rt