05-Jun-2013 22:42, H. S. Teoh пишет:
On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 08:29:51PM +0200, Brad Anderson wrote:
On Wednesday, 5 June 2013 at 18:25:45 UTC, w0rp wrote:
An the subject of std.algorithm being very large, I realised
something. Once the import change is in that makes it possible to
import sub-modules all at once, there will be some nice potential
for splitting up std.algorithm a bit into sub-modules, while
making 'import std.algorithm' work exactly like it does now.

Is that even necessary? We could just do this:

----std/algorithm.d----
module std.algorithm;
public import std.algorithm.search;
public import std.algorithm.compare;
public import std.algorithm.iteration;
public import std.algorithm.sort;
public import std.algorithm.set;
public import std.algorithm.mutation;
----snip----

Newer code, of course, would use the more specific imports.

Fully qualified imports!

You could probably just use the categories the documentation already
defines.

std\algorithm\searching.d
std\algorithm\comparison.d
std\algorithm\iteration.d
std\algorithm\sorting.d
std\algorithm\set.d
std\algorithm\mutation.d

Good idea!

Yeah, and I'd like to "packagize" std.regex. Then we'd need to re-think hierarchy though.

--
Dmitry Olshansky