On 6/6/2013 9:34 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
On 6/6/13 6:12 PM, Walter Bright wrote:

and I'm the only one I know of that uses it.

You really need to get out of the habit of associating "I can't remember people
telling me they use something" and "no one uses it".

    1) your memory isn't perfect.

    2) just because you're not aware it's happening doesn't mean it isn't.

    3) likely lots of other reasons, but come on, 1 and 2 are more than
sufficient to kill the phrase.

Yeah, I know you couched it with "I know of" this time, but the pattern is
pretty silly regardless.  This community is awfully myopic when it comes to use
of personal history and mapping it onto everyone else's behavior.

A pretty good metric of some feature being used is the frequency it comes up in discussion here and the action it sees in bugzilla.

There are two obvious reasons why a feature would not have much buzz:

1. it works perfectly
2. it isn't being used

Value Range Propagation is a pretty good example of (1). Sadly, I suspect -cov is (2).

I'd be happy to be wrong about that.