On Friday, 7 June 2013 at 15:23:49 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Friday, 7 June 2013 at 07:31:52 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
deadalnix mentioned enforcing 'export' on classes exposed to shared libraries, but then aren't we back to expecting user annotation rather than doing things automatically?

Yes, let me explain more.

The export problem isn't new, and you'll find 2 major approach : the UNIX approach of export everything, and the windows approach of requiring explicit export.

Beware of generalizations, last time I used Aix (2002), it used the
same model as Windows, including export files.

Not sure how it works nowadays.

--
Paulo