On 2013-06-22 23:41, Walter Bright wrote:
Compiling std.algorithm for unittests consumes all the memory on many
machines. I've been looking into what is allocating all that memory, and
it isn't so easy without adding instrumentation code anywhere.

Anyone know of a convenient tool to do this on Linux?

(valgrind just hangs, or at least I gave up on it after 6 hours)

There's a tool called dtrace on Mac OS X and *BSD which possibly could be used for this. Don't know if there's a corresponding tool for Linux. Hmm, seems to be available on Oracle Linux.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTrace

--
/Jacob Carlborg