On Saturday, 22 June 2013 at 21:41:15 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Compiling std.algorithm for unittests consumes all the memory on many machines. I've been looking into what is allocating all that memory, and it isn't so easy without adding instrumentation code anywhere.

Anyone know of a convenient tool to do this on Linux?

(valgrind just hangs, or at least I gave up on it after 6 hours)

Just wanted to add that with the latest release, I can't compile algorithm in unittest mode with -inline -O -release.

This is actually an important test to run, as algorithm has a tendency to create "unreachable statement" error due to better flow analysis.