On Wednesday, 10 July 2013 at 21:33:00 UTC, Brian Schott wrote:
On Wednesday, 10 July 2013 at 21:16:30 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
// (parameters) => expression ?

In any case, please consider that it actually makes no sense to restrict the expressiveness of the type signature based on how the function body is specified. (Why on earth should one have to use the { return expression; } syntax just in order to be able to assert that no context pointer is required?)

The documentation is in error here.

"(parameters) => expression" is mentioned in the source and I agree it's valid. I must have forgotton to copy-paste it.

I don't agree that "function(parameters) => expression" is valid though. Can any of the DMD devs clear up if this is intended?

I don't see how DMD implementation matters here. This is language design issue.